Spiga

Some Parenting Tips For the ADD Child

With more than their share of behavioral problems, there's also a lot more chance that you and your child will be at loggerheads more often.

You may feel that you spend all your time nagging
your child, and the whole relationship can become strained and unpleasant.

You need to make sure you have good times
together and to practice positive discipline methods as well.

Set up special times to spend with your child doing things
you enjoy together and just playing.

Setting firm Rules and establishing boundaries are also vitally important because they help your
get on with other people. If your child knows what's acceptable as well as what's not and the consequences of doing something that's unacceptable, parenting becomes much easier.


For example, if a child knows he has to keep his hands to himself, he won't punch or hit other children in the playground.

If he doesn't know the rule or ignores it, other children will get hurt and they'll avoid him. He might also end up getting hurt.

For some more tips for parenting the ADD ADHD Child check out the Only Parenting Course especially designed with the needs of the ADD / ADHD Child in mind.

1 comments:

  Unknown

March 22, 2008 at 10:07 PM

I have lived diagnosed with ADHD for 8 years. I'm only 15 so I had most of my childhood go undiagnosed. Those tips in this post are great ones! My step-dad either used some of these with me, or should have because I know at least a few of them would work...Good post!
I also post about ADHD